And yet, as physician practices and hospitals look to “re-open”, many are considering which path to pursue and what steps to take, and in some cases, are very cautious to avoid making the wrong decision. After all, healthcare professionals have years of training and experience to make the “right decision” about patients’ health, so the decisions to move forward are evaluated very thoroughly.
The key to these decisions should focus on one core principle: what steps to take to care for more patients. Somewhat different from many businesses that are primarily focused on financial performance, the business of healthcare in the thoughts of many providers focuses primarily on serving people to ensure their health and well-being. Below are five ways that physician practices and hospitals can immediately re-start the process of caring for more patients.
- Annual Wellness Visits – a regular visit (covered by most private plans and Medicare) to develop or update a personalized prevention plan and/or perform a health risk assessment
- Office Visit Scheduling – proactive outreach to patients who delayed office visits as a result of the pandemic slow-down
- Procedure Scheduling – proactive outreach to patients who delayed elective procedures as a result of the pandemic slow-down
- Post-Discharge Callbacks – scheduled phone calls to discharged patients to check on their recovery and identify potential issues
- Emergency Visit Follow-up – proactive outreach to patients treated in an emergency department who may not have a primary care physician
These steps represent safe, smart decisions to re-start the business of healthcare – to help healthcare providers care for more patients. And to get started, practices and systems have to dedicate people and time to start this process or re-starting their business.
That’s where PREMEDEX can help. Our team of clinical and non-clinical can quickly help hospitals and practices start seeing more patients. With client-specific scripts and custom outreach plans managed on the PREMEDEX Patient Manager platform, our team serves as a seamless extension of our client organizations.
Let’s start caring for more patients. Contact PREMEDEX to learn more.